PZ1p

Adam Maas adam at mawz.ca
Sat Jul 24 23:02:19 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Rick Womer <rwomer1004 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Sat, 7/24/10, John Sessoms <jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> About $125 USD - that's what I paid for one recently. I
>> know where there's another for sale right now with a cheap
>> off brand zoom lens for that same price ... if for some
>> reason I decided I needed 3 of them.
>>

> Maybe because they're the best-handling, most versatile body Pentax ever produced?  I plan to sell mine soon, because I haven't shot any film in over 2 years, but 'twill bring a tear to my eye.
>
> Rick

Having owned most of the competing bodies, I'd have to agree. the
PZ-1p is an excellent body and one of the best bodies ever made in its
class. IMHO only the Maxxum 7 really stands out over the PZ-1p, and
that's a 6 year newer design

-Adam
Who has over the years owned the Nikon F801, F801s, F70, F90x and
F100, the Canon A2 (EOS 5) and EOS 3, the Minolta Maxxum 600si, 700si
and 7 and the Z-1p. The Maxxum 7 is my favourite, but I'd take the
Z-1p over most of the rest.