Adam Maas adam at mawz.ca
Sat Jul 24 23:02:19 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Rick Womer <rwomer1004 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Sat, 7/24/10, John Sessoms <jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>> About $125 USD - that's what I paid for one recently. I
>> know where there's another for sale right now with a cheap
>> off brand zoom lens for that same price ... if for some
>> reason I decided I needed 3 of them.
> Maybe because they're the best-handling, most versatile body Pentax ever produced?  I plan to sell mine soon, because I haven't shot any film in over 2 years, but 'twill bring a tear to my eye.
> Rick

Having owned most of the competing bodies, I'd have to agree. the
PZ-1p is an excellent body and one of the best bodies ever made in its
class. IMHO only the Maxxum 7 really stands out over the PZ-1p, and
that's a 6 year newer design

Who has over the years owned the Nikon F801, F801s, F70, F90x and
F100, the Canon A2 (EOS 5) and EOS 3, the Minolta Maxxum 600si, 700si
and 7 and the Z-1p. The Maxxum 7 is my favourite, but I'd take the
Z-1p over most of the rest.