OT - Anyone got opinions on the Olympus Pen E-PL1?

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 11:55:56 EDT 2010

The original Pentax design with the indexing bump on the lens made a lot
more sense.  Holding the camera with the right hand, cradle the lens
with the left with your pointing finger over the bump, lens mount to the
front.  Touch the lens release with your pointing finger.  The lens is
properly oriented to mount on the camera.  With a little practice you
can do this without looking.  To remove the lens holding the camera with
the right hand, grab the lens with the left hand and press the lens
release with the middle or third finger on the right.  However the
indexing bump is history as of the FA lenses, (except on some of the
limited lenses), and the release button has been repositioned so it no
longer lines up properly from the *ist cameras forward.  I guess no one
complained.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier New;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I've just upgraded to Thunderbird 3.0 and the interface subtly weird.\par