OT - Anyone got opinions on the Olympus Pen E-PL1?

Steven Desjardins drd1135 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 09:08:07 EDT 2010

I have an E-P1 but it's very similar.  Nicer body but no flash.I've
found it to be a surprisingly effective camera.  AF is slow on the
E-P1 but IQ is good.  I especially like the MF mode that goes to max
magnification automatically.  It makes MF far more useful than most
modern cameras.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:21 AM, John Francis <johnf at panix.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to persuade my wife to move up to something better
> than her old Casio Exilim.  I'm tempted by the Micro 4/3 systems,
> and the Olympus E-PL1 seems to have the ease of use and simplicity
> that my wife is looking for (without being so large that she would
> refuse to carry it around) at a pretty decent price.  Even with an
> extra lens (the 40-150) it's still cheaper than the Panasonic, and
> has in-body image stabilisation.  The optional electronic view-
> finder might be interesting, too, although it's more likely to be
> something that I would use than something my wife would consider.

Steve Desjardins