Where is Lightroom hiding?

William Robb warobb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 01:56:52 EDT 2010

From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi"
Subject: Re: Where is Lightroom hiding?

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 7:11 PM, Adam Maas <adam at mawz.ca> wrote:
>> Finder is quite awful as a filesystem navigation/file management tool,
>> it remains inferior to the file management UI's on classic Mac OS, KDE
>> and Gnome, BeOS and any vaguely recent version of Windows.
>
> I disagree completely. I find the Windows, KDE and other file browser
> UIs to be just about completely unusable. One of the reasons I
> continue to choose Mac OS X for all my work is that I *like* the
> Finder quite a lot and find it exceptionally useful for file finding,
> management, etc.

That's quite amazing.
In Windows, click on Windows Explorer, and there is your computer.
You can even customize it's start location (or could in everything up to XP,
I haven't bothered to try with Win7 yet).
If it isn't that easy ion a Mac, they have some work to do.

> But this isn't a useful discussion for a Pentax camera equipment
> discussion forum.

Of course it isn't, but most of what is discussed here isn't, so why play
traffic cop?

William Robb