Lenses again, again

Richard D Bush rbushidioglot at comcast.net
Thu Jul 22 20:13:17 EDT 2010

Eric,

I have a very large collection of old Takumar glass. I love to use
most all of it and I particularly enjoy focusing manually. A lot of my
'OLD GLASS' collection has M42 thread mounts. This is again easy to
use with the adapter ring that fits within the K mount of my modern
Pentax body, a K10D digital camera.

However, when I want to shoot flowers, I will often use my DA 50-200
and take along a couple of achromatic close-up lenses. This turns my
50-200 kit lens into a very easy to use macro lens. The fidelity with
either the 5T (62mm, 1.5 diopters), the 6T (3.0 diopter) Nikon, a
Canon (58mm 2.0 diopter) 500T or a 52mm filter sized Sigma Achromatic
Macro lens (1.6 diopter) I own make macro shooting a breeze.

Of course the screw on  Canon or Nikon achromatic close-up lenses can
also be screwed onto my Takumar f1.9 85mm, my f2.5 135mm or my f4
200mm Takumar primes. I then take along a set of extension tubes to
short focus the 200mm prime and I have a great field kit that can get
really close. I also like to use an f4 100mm macro Takumar. The 1:2
close focusing can get even closer when I use step-up filter rings to
use the close-up lenses on the front of the 42mm filter sized 100mm
lens.

My next lens will probably be a fast DFA macro, such as the latest
100mm macro.

Richard Bush