Lenses again, again

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 18:22:40 EDT 2010

It they are the same price go with the 70-210.  From my own experience,
I have a number of 70=210 lenses, the SMC Pentax F f4.0~5.6 the vmc
Vivitar Series 1,  f2.8~4.0, (the third version of that lens with the A
contracts), and the Vivitar Series 1 f3.5, (the second version, no A
contracts), and the M 200 f4.0.  The latter two lenses don't see much
use.  The inability to use open aperture metering makes them just two
inconvenient, dispute their wonderful optics..  I did some testing of
all of those lenses at 200mm and found the difference in quality to be
too small for me to notice.  By all accounts the A 70-210 is very good
optically maybe better than the SMCP F 70-210 or either Vivitar. The
only reason to go with the M 200 is if you want to pair down the weight
you're carrying around.  The A 70-210 is somewhat heavier..

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier New;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I've just upgraded to Thunderbird 3.0 and the interface subtly weird.\par