Where is Lightroom hiding?

Godfrey DiGiorgi gdigiorgi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 11:01:36 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Eric Weir <eeweir at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Based on what people here have said about how they use Lightroom, I suspect that I'll never really use Elements. I generally don't like to clutter my system up with stuff I don't use. Is there any reason to keep it installed?

While I do most of my image editing work in Lightroom nowadays, it is
occasionally important to have a pixel editing tool like Photoshop
available. I use Photoshop CS4 nowadays and use it to do graphics
oriented things (like adding borders, annotation, etc) that are
outside of the domain of image editing capable in Lightroom alone.

I'd keep Photoshop Elements around for the potential capability it
provides. It's not all that big, doesn't waste much space, and in a
pinch may be exactly what you need to get some small thing done that
would otherwise be difficult.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com