upcoming theater shoot

Cotty cottycam at mac.com
Thu Jul 22 07:13:01 EDT 2010

On 21/7/10, Christine Aguila, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I'll be looking for good dramatic scenes, of course, and I've been told that
>there's nothing exotic about the lighting direction for this play--just
>standard stage lighting.  Has anyone had experience doing theater shoots?
>Any tips or suggestions you'd be willing to share?

Don't use flash - use he stage lighting but make sure the lighting
operator is still around or you'll be in the dark! Move the actors
around to suit the lighting. Groups, sure, but medium shots in a pose -
singles and 2 and 3 -shots depending on character interactions. Watch
your backgrounds. I would shoot fairly wide to keep the backgrounds soft.

Boss them about - you won't have any issues there ;-) Good luck!

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__