OT - Anyone got opinions on the Olympus Pen E-PL1?

Dario Bonazza dario.bonazza at virgilio.it
Thu Jul 22 02:50:49 EDT 2010

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> Hmm. I've never noticed they were different ... despite using
> Panasonic and Olympus zooms for three+ years. I don't remember which
> way Pentax zoom rings turned, or Nikon or Canon either. My hands
> figure this out for me and I don't think about it. ;-)

Same here... not. I don't have to think which way turning the zoom ring. My
hands 'know' how to do that... and keep failing in case of 'reverse' zooming
;-)
I believe I couldn't tell you the Pentax zoom rotation before using a Canon.
Having had the odd experience, I did some research and now I know that
Pentax, Nikon, Panasonic and Zeiss use the clockwise (right) zooming, while
Canon and Olympus adopt the counterclockwise (left) standard. I prefer don't
mix camera systems using different turning.

Dario