upcoming theater shoot

Northeast Media northeastmedia at bigpond.com
Thu Jul 22 00:35:03 EDT 2010

I have only shot during the  performance and it was a musical show rather
than a drama- although I did do the stage lighting for a local drama society
many years ago..

The misucal shows produce a range of  deliberately coloured  stage lighting
so I shoot RAW and worry about the colours later.   This means only a few
need any extra work in bibble and I could concentrate on the other aspects
of the shoot.

One thing is the lights are quite bright but may have limited spread so you
need to ensure your metering ignores dark backgrounds:  ie. center weighted
or spot.

http://photography-techniques.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_to_shoot_live_stage_shows

I used a few examples in this article

Phil