Where is Lightroom hiding?

Christine Aguila caguila at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 21 23:00:48 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Weir" <eeweir at bellsouth.net>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml at pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: Where is Lightroom hiding?

> On Jul 21, 2010, at 7:17 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
>
>> I don't know where Photoshop Elements (or which version of Photoshop
>> Elements) puts the Camera Raw file because I don't use Photoshop
>> Elements. Either PSE or Adobe Reader might have triggered the Adobe
>> Updater ... no way to know. I have seen weirdnesses with the Adobe
>> Updater, however. Lightroom has its own updating mechanism built in,
>> it would not have triggered the Adobe Updater AFAIK.
>
> Based on what people here have said about how they use Lightroom, I
> suspect that I'll never really use Elements. I generally don't like to
> clutter my system up with stuff I don't use. Is there any reason to keep
> it installed?

Yes, you might consider keeping Elements for very serious cloning
situations.  Click on Photo, then look for *Edit In* you should see
Photoshop Elements.  I know I said I hate Elements, and I still hold by
that, but if I have to do serious cloning, I use Elements for that.  It's
better than Lightroom. But Lightroom is good for quick spot removal and
minor cloning.  I used to do more cloning than now.  I hate doing it, so I
try to shoot so I don't have to.  Still, there might come a time when I'll
have a big cloning job.  I still have Elements 5 installed on my computer.
Cheers, Christine