upcoming theater shoot

Rick Womer rwomer1004 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 21:46:17 EDT 2010

If only it were that easy...

There is a reason that classical theater shots are in B&W: the lighting can be damned near impossible to deal with.  The color temp in one part of the stage is often radically different than in another part.  Single channels often blow out, making PP corrections nigh impossible.  If the stage is lit with new LED lights, things get worse.

Just the same, it's great fun.  Talk to the guy on the lights before the shoot, make very liberal use of a grey card, expose carefully (watching the RGB histogram), and be ready to revert to monochrome.

Rick

http://photo.net/photos/RickW