upcoming theater shoot

Christine Aguila caguila at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 21 20:25:12 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone:

I've been asked to photograph scenes from the play "My Sister Eileen" which
will open tomorrow night at a university near by.  The shoot will take place
after a Friday night performance, and the producer said normally the shoot
is about an hour long.  The cast is small (9), so I think I've a wide enough
lens for a cast group shot.  I've requested a comp ticket, so I can see the
show before the shoot, and they've kindly agreed.

I'll be looking for good dramatic scenes, of course, and I've been told that
there's nothing exotic about the lighting direction for this play--just
standard stage lighting.  Has anyone had experience doing theater shoots?
Any tips or suggestions you'd be willing to share?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Christine