Where is Lightroom hiding?

Godfrey DiGiorgi gdigiorgi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 19:17:35 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Eric Weir <eeweir at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> Adobe Camera Raw is a plugin located in different places depending on
>> which version of Photoshop or Photoshop Elements you have installed.
>> It is not used by Lightroom at all. Lightroom's raw processing engine
>> is organized internally within the Lightroom application bundle and
>> only updated with updates to the Lightroom application.
>
> I only have Elements. It's weird that the updater didn't find it -- if that is what it was looking for, and I don't have anything else that would use it -- it's in the Applications folder. [Something triggered the updater, but then the updater couldn't find the application that triggered it??]

I don't know where Photoshop Elements (or which version of Photoshop
Elements) puts the Camera Raw file because I don't use Photoshop
Elements. Either PSE or Adobe Reader might have triggered the Adobe
Updater ... no way to know. I have seen weirdnesses with the Adobe
Updater, however. Lightroom has its own updating mechanism built in,
it would not have triggered the Adobe Updater AFAIK.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com