OT Main stream radio

steve harley pdml at paper-ape.com
Wed Jul 21 17:01:27 EDT 2010

On 2010-07-20 17:58 , David J Brooks wrote:
> Well after several visits to my wife's brother in North Bay, retired
> trucker, and listening to Sirius, i bit the bullet last week and
> bought into the system.
>
> I'm SO tired of main stream FM playing the same 3-4 songs by the same
> 10-12 artists.

i happened read a different view of Sirius this morning at

<http://reciprocity-failure.blogspot.com/2010/07/666.html>

"an all 60's music station which seemed like a little piece of heaven
(until you realize it has a play list of 25 songs)"

locally, i mostly listen to KGNU (kgnu.org) (music + news, none of it
mainstream), KVCU (radio1190.org) ("youthful"), and KUVO (kuvo.org)
(great jazz station); i often stream these, or stream with Pandora; i
can stream in the car via a free iPhone app "Public Radio Player"