Help ... advice on m42 extension tubes

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 20:17:29 EDT 2010

These will only work properly with M42 screw mount lenses.  Pentax
stopped making lenses in this mount in the mid 1970s.  To use them on
any K mount camera either film or digital you will have to get a Pentax
M42 to K mount adapter.  Some third party adapters compromise infintiy
focus, but that probably isn't an issue for macro shooting with
extension tubes.  It will be if you wish to not use the tubes.  If you
want to use these with some of the later film cameras, mostly the low
end MZ/ZX series film cameras, won't even allow you to fire their
shutters without an A mount or later lens.  The only relatively high
level camera you have to worry about not working is the Film *ist.  I
may have forgotten something but I'm sure others will fill in or
contradict me if I'm wrong, or if they just feel contrary.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier New;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I've just upgraded to Thunderbird 3.0 and the interface subtly weird.\par