Help ... advice on m42 extension tubes

Drew drew at rileyelf.free-online.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 18:11:01 EDT 2010

On 19/07/10 22:58, Sam L wrote:
> r subject, you'll just need a little testing to
> >  figure out your expo

TBH If you just want to have a play with Macro these will be fine.
Personally when I do Macro it is generally a pretty controlled setup, in
those cases manual tubes with manual lenses are fine, just use the green
button or experiment to get the exposure right. It only takes a few test
shots.
If you are expecting to do shots that require faster setup.. perhaps
insects on flowers then K mount tubes with all the metering as other
have suggested will be best.
This one was taken with manual tubes and an old soviet lens on my DL.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rileyelf/539150689/

HTH
Drew.