OT: Punning around

Paul Sorenson allaround6 at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 19 01:00:43 EDT 2010

On 7/18/2010 8:06 PM, Stan Halpin wrote:
> > From an email forwarded to me. I can't vouch for the purported provenance, but I have seen some of these before . . .
>
> stan
>

>> <snip>

Roy Rogers, King of the cowboys, returned home after a trip into town
and proudly showed Dale, his wife, his new boots.  Unfortunately, the
boots emitted a foul odor and Dale made him leave them on the porch to
air out.  During the night, they were awakened by thumping and growling
on the porch.  Roy rushed out in time to find his new boots full of
tooth marks and to see a cougar bounding off into the bushes.  Livid
with anger, Roy saddled his horse, Trigger, grabbed his rifle and rode
off after the cougar.  A couple hours later Roy returned and called Dale
out onto the porch.  Upon seeing the dead cougar draped across the back
of his saddle, she said, "Pardon me, Roy, is that the cat that chewed
your new shoes?"