The Great Life Photographers--a book recommendation

steve harley pdml at paper-ape.com
Sun Jul 18 21:27:19 EDT 2010

On 2010-07-17 17:17 , John Sessoms wrote:
> From: Stan Halpin
>> Don't imply to Christine that there is such a thing as too many books.
>
> There can, however, be more books than the budget will stretch to
> accommodate.

i handle that by shopping used, sometimes "extreme used" (bins at
Goodwill) -- in fact that is the organizing statement for my photo book
collection; it's turned up books of photos by Stieglitz, Steichen,
Leibowitz, von Gloeden, and many interesting collections, often for
practically nothing; the serendipity of it is very stimulating (not just
in a hunter-gatherer kind of way)