Peso Anno sensei bowing

Brian Walters supera1000 at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 17 22:31:00 EDT 2010

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 09:31 -0700, "Larry Colen" <lrc at red4est.com> wrote:
> > I confess that out of laziness I hadn't uploaded the final version to flickr. When I went back to print it, I tweaked it slightly, pretty much exactly as you said:
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/4802263252/
>
> Then, after posting the last, looked at the photo again and went for a
> much tighter crop:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/4802285668/
>
> The photo in the upper right is O Sensei, the founder of aikido, and the
> calligraphy, written by O sensei translates to "True Victory is Self
> Victory", which are critical elements to "the place".  I think that I
> prefer the less tightly cropped version, which lends a bit more
> spareness, and the feeling of traditional Japanese austerity.
>
> Comments?

I prefer the less tightly cropped version but it probably needs to be
seen as a largish print.  On a monitor the figure is still quite small
and undefined unless you view the large version, but then you have to
scroll and can't appreciate the whole image.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia