Peso Anno sensei bowing

Larry Colen lrc at
Sat Jul 17 12:31:39 EDT 2010

On Jul 17, 2010, at 9:23 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2010, at 4:23 AM, eckinator wrote:
>> What Brian said, Larry. Only a gentle crop.
> Thank you both.
> I confess that out of laziness I hadn't uploaded the final version to flickr. When I went back to print it, I tweaked it slightly, pretty much exactly as you said:

Then, after posting the last, looked at the photo again and went for a much tighter crop:

The photo in the upper right is O Sensei, the founder of aikido, and the calligraphy, written by O sensei translates to "True Victory is Self Victory", which are critical elements to "the place".  I think that I prefer the less tightly cropped version, which lends a bit more spareness, and the feeling of traditional Japanese austerity.

Larry Colen lrc at sent from i4est