Peso Anno sensei bowing

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Sat Jul 17 12:31:39 EDT 2010

On Jul 17, 2010, at 9:23 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2010, at 4:23 AM, eckinator wrote:
>
>> What Brian said, Larry. Only a gentle crop.
>
> Thank you both.
>
> I confess that out of laziness I hadn't uploaded the final version to flickr. When I went back to print it, I tweaked it slightly, pretty much exactly as you said:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/4802263252/

Then, after posting the last, looked at the photo again and went for a much tighter crop:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/4802285668/

The photo in the upper right is O Sensei, the founder of aikido, and the calligraphy, written by O sensei translates to "True Victory is Self Victory", which are critical elements to "the place".  I think that I prefer the less tightly cropped version, which lends a bit more spareness, and the feeling of traditional Japanese austerity.

Comments?

--
Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com sent from i4est