PESO: Lake Edith, Jasper National Park

Ann Sanfedele annsan at nyc.rr.com
Fri Jul 16 16:07:00 EDT 2010

Michael Hamilton wrote:

>On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Ann Sanfedele <annsan at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>Michael Hamilton wrote:
>>

>>>http://www.michaelhamilton.ca/images/MH100518.jpg
>>>
>>>This is one of the few 'serious' photographic attempts that I've made
>>>in a while. It's inspired by those photos that are often found in
>>>mountain resort lodges, such as the Jasper Park Lodge where I was
>>>staying.  This is my favourite photograph to take, and I want to get
>>>better at it.
>>>
>>>What do you think?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Michael Hamilton
>>>

>>Could we compare it to the unphotoshopped version?
>>

>Okay, here are a couple more to compare:
>
>http://www.michaelhamilton.ca/images/MHlakeedith2.jpg (better sky
>colour, less sepia, adjusted horizon angle)
>http://www.michaelhamilton.ca/images/MHlakeedithorig.jpg (original,
>slight boost in blues, sharpening, etc)
>
>Thanks for your suggestions and comments so far! I've made a few
>improvements that I like already.
>
>Mike

If you are really keen on the sepia, yes, this one is better.... except
there is one little cloud up there that looks more like a blotch
ont the neg...

I prefer the color one - but it looks a tad over sharpened and over
saturated...

I just have the feeling your real _original_ is the silk purse  ;-)

ann