PESO(s) Lens Testing

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 01:19:16 EDT 2010

Well I just got my A*300mm f4.0 back from repair for the second time.  I
really have no complaints even though it took two trips, the cost for
repair was very reasonable.  The problem was with infinity focus so I
took it out to shoot a local Church Steeple, a target with reasonable
amouts of detail near infinity.  The results were a thousand percent
improvement over it's previous behavior.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1604247/PESO/PESO%20--%20%20madcongchrstep2.html

I then made a test shot of a bust of the man the Town was named after at
minimum focus distance, (about 4 meters), just to make sure that a new
problem didn't develop.  It's not easy shooting hand held at minimum
focus, the far eye of this bronze bust is actually the plane of sharpest
focus.  But over all it's acceptable for a lens at it's widest aperture.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1604247/PESO/PESO%20--%20%20jamesmadison.html

Equipment: K20D w/smc A*300mm f4.0.

As usual comments are welcome but may be totally ignored.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier New;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I've just upgraded to Thunderbird 3.0 and the interface subtly weird.\par