Construction IX

Ann Sanfedele annsan at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jul 15 13:25:06 EDT 2010

Christine Aguila wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> Well, yesterday marked the 1 year anniversary of the start of the
> construction on the parking garage and student services building at
> work. The construction workers are on strike right now, but they'll
> get that sorted soon, and work will resume.
>
> The photos are what they are, but I had so much fun shooting
> yesterday.  It was dead quiet on the site.  I had giggly conversation
> with Desmond, my escort, while shooting, and it was the day of the
> tripod.  Every picture was make on a tripod--except the stairway
> photo.  The walk around the sight was leisurely, as was the speed of
> my shutter, shooting a lot of 1/3 - 1/6th of a second at ISO 400 with
> f-stops mostly in the f 4 - f 7.1 range, and I bracketed virtually
> every shot, though I still had some tweaking to do in the shadow
> areas--a bump up here and there, and some recovery of blown
> highlights.  Because I used a tripod, my frames were A LOT more level
> than my usual frames resembling a stroke victim with pronounced
> sagging to the right.  I only shot the interior, so I was out of the
> sun, and a cool breeze followed us around like a good friend.  My
> construction boots were still a must, but I was allowed to abandon my
> hard hat and safety vest, so I could enjoy the breeze even more.
>
> It was just one of those shoots when it felt good to be both alive and
> a photographer.
>
> http://www.caguila.com/caguila/trconstructionjuly132010/
>
> Comments welcome.
>
> Cheers, Christine

These are really nice ... all of um but...
I particularly like
http://www.caguila.com/caguila/trconstructionjuly132010/content/trconstructionjuly132010_56_large.html

It has more of a story to it somehow...

and this is just nice eye candy too
http://www.caguila.com/caguila/trconstructionjuly132010/content/trconstructionjuly132010_81_large.html

and this is so surreal  and kinda ominous in a way

http://www.caguila.com/caguila/trconstructionjuly132010/content/trconstructionjuly132010_212_large.html

I loved being able to use my big benbo in the field, driving around,
setting up, and not have to hold the camera
up ... finding a spot in late afternoon to just watch glorious stuff for
a while and wait for the perfect time to click
that might or might not come.

but a big part of it was being absolutely alone , as you were in this
shoot, no distractions... yummy!

ann