A good lunch break...

CheekyGeek cheekygeek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 14:30:10 EDT 2010

Had an exceptionally nice lunch break today. After a delicious Gyro I
stopped into the thrift store where I spied a Pentax in the display
case marked $20. It was a SP II with a S-M-C 50mm f1.4 that works
perfectly. It had the lower half of the soft case on the body and
after I purchased it  I took it out and was surprised to find a nicely
engraved "Roger Welsch" and his Social Security No. on the bottom
plate.

I figure I can get more than $20 for the Social Security Number. (I kid! I kid!)

Roger is the closest thing we have to a celebrity around these parts.
He's an author and "Senior Correspondent" for CBS program "Sunday
Morning" where he does the "Postcards from Nebraska" segment.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/07/10/sunday/main13645.shtml

I think I'll develop the two rolls of exposed film that came with it
and send them to him as a gift.
: )

Darren Addy
Kearney, NE
--
Nothing is sure, except Death and Pentaxes.