OT - Ann's question on the hair style and the epoch

Ann Sanfedele annsan at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jul 13 11:59:00 EDT 2010

William Robb wrote:

> From: "Igor Roshchin"
> Subject: OT - Ann's question on the hair style and the epoch
>
>> Ann,
>>
>> Here is a followup on your quesion about the hair style and the epoch:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3svvCj4yhYc#t=3m24s
>> (it's much earlier - but looks as funny)
>>
> I'm pretty sure my granny was in there somewhere.
> Apparently she was rather a wild child.
>
> William Robb

Well now having watched that I had to go searching on Google for the
name of the singer of that
famous song "That's my weakness now"  -  Helen Kane is the answer...
the song wasnt written
until 1928  close to the end of the flapper era.

My mother had a problem in the flapper era though -- she was , to say
the least, quite zaftig  and that
did not um fit in well  with the style of the day...

ann