Spanish team has done it!

Eric Weir eeweir at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 12 14:53:44 EDT 2010

On Jul 12, 2010, at 2:01 PM, paul stenquist wrote:

> I can't sit through an entire soccer game waiting for one score.

As you say, to each his own. Personally, I don't understand the fixation on scoring. There were any number of games during the Cup that were tense, and filled with drama, even though neither team had scored, or maybe only one once.

I can appreciate basketball -- which, leaving aside some important differences, like the size of the court/field, and the length of the game, is actually pretty similar to soccer -- but the back-and-forth, from one end of the court to the other, with scoring happening on the order of every minute or two, strikes me as verging a bit on the hyperactive side.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eeweir at bellsouth.net