Spanish team has done it!

Eric Weir eeweir at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 12 13:38:49 EDT 2010

On Jul 12, 2010, at 1:05 PM, Jerry in Arizona wrote:

> For some years I have been an on again off again soccer fan while playing
> and coaching American football.  But after watching this WC series I am now
> coninced that Soccer (futball) is a vastly superior GAME to American football.
> Congratulations to the Spanish team and all its supporters!

When I was an undergraduate our wrestling coach -- who was a four time All American, as were his two sons -- took a stopwatch to an American football game and kept track of the amount of time the players were actually doing anything other than walking around, standing around, in the huddle, etc. As I recall it was less than two minutes.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eeweir at bellsouth.net