Pentax-A SMC 28mm f/2.8 F2.8

Charles Robinson charlesr at visi.com
Mon Jul 12 12:32:53 EDT 2010

On Jul 12, 2010, at 11:14, Eric Weir wrote:

> I thought I sent a message to this effect to the list earlier, but it seems not.
>
> Anyway, I was not able to be at home in the final hours of bidding on this lens on eBay. I left a maximum bid, but the other guy got it for $1.00 more-- $81. Apparently that was a steal, as the remaining lenses of this type on eBay are all in the $160 to $220 range. Is this what I should expect to pay?

I got mine off of EBay about 3 years ago for about $90.  $160-220 seems steep.

I've seen them on the PentaxForums marketplace for the "around $100" range as well.   I've been on the hunt for an AF version of that same lens so that I'll have a small/light "party camera" with the K7.  Those tend to be about twice as expensive (around $200) if you can find them at all.

 -Charles

Charles Robinson - charlesr at visi.com
Minneapolis, MN
http://charles.robinsontwins.org