OT - Bike Recovered

Bob W pdml at web-options.com
Sun Jul 11 14:44:54 EDT 2010

[...]
> I think there'd be a market for re-makes of the Bond movies as period
> pieces. Film them the way Fleming wrote them, set in 1950s Britain,
> without all the techno-gadgetry extravaganza.
>
> I think the stories could stand by themselves.

I agree. I was very pleasantly surprised the first time I read one of them,
and I went on to read them all one after the other. I think they could be
done well as a period piece, but part much of their appeal in Britain in
those days was the pornographic description of consumer desirables
unobtainable in the days of rationing.

Bob