OT - Bike Recovered

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Sun Jul 11 14:15:29 EDT 2010

From: "Dario Bonazza"
> Doug Franklin wrote:
>
>> > I liked the way they theft-protected the white Lotus in the James Bond
>> > movie "The Spy Who Loved Me" (I think that's the one, anyway).  When a
>> > thief broke the window to get in, the whole car blew sky high, taking
>> > the perp with it.
>
> That was "For Your Eyes Only", one of my favorite Bond movies.

So how did they do it in "The Spy Who Loved Me"?

You know the car always gets trashed in the Bond movies.

FWIW, my favorite is the Blower Bentley with the secret compartment
under the dashboard where Bond keeps his "Long Barrel Colt .45" - but
that's in the book "Moonraker", not the movies.

I think there'd be a market for re-makes of the Bond movies as period
pieces. Film them the way Fleming wrote them, set in 1950s Britain,
without all the techno-gadgetry extravaganza.

I think the stories could stand by themselves.