back in the world of film (sort of) with my MX

Derby Chang derbyc at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 10 06:05:38 EDT 2010

Christine Aguila wrote:
> I bought Wendy's MX and had my first try out with some Kodak BW400CN
> film which is processed in color negative chemistry--Process C-41.  As
> you can see, there's a greenish tint to the image here of Darrel.  I
> had these developed at my neighborhood Walgreens, and the prints were
> printed on Fujicolor Crystal Archive paper.  I think this was taken
> with the 50mm lens 2.0 that came with the camera.  At some point I
> changed to the FA 50mm f1.4, but I can't remember when--it's back to
> writing shooting info down in a little pocket notebook.  Oh, fun :-).
> Just spent some time looking for a lab.  I found D'ore Photo Service,
> which is fairly close by.
>
> http://www.caguila.com/caguila/darrelfilm/content/R1_4_large.html
>
> I have to get back on the construction site for some shooting next
> week--that is, if I can.  There's a strike on and construction has
> stopped. I thought I'd take the MX with me and shoot a roll along with
> digital. Shooting film after digital has been discombobulating in a
> hysterically funny way--though I have learned that I really should get
> the Katz Eye for my digital cameras.  I'm kind of chicken about
> installing it though.
>
> Thanks, Wendy!  Very happy to have the MX.
> Big cheers, Christine

Hey Christine

'tis the Indian summer of film. Really. The gorgeous MX will be around
for decades yet, but heaven forbid, if something untoward happens, there
are still wonderful technicians to get it in order. Film technology is
at its peak, and developer/fixer chemicals are still reasonably
accessible and fresh.

Darrel glows on film.

I have a few rolls of XPAN Tmax in by bathroom right now. And I'm
listening to some late Richard Strauss

derbyc at iinet.net.au
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc