Testing photography rules in Miami metrorail system

mike wilson m.9.wilson at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 9 14:16:29 EDT 2010

Bob W wrote:

> [...]
>
>>Did anyone ask if he was a Soviet mole?
>>

> I'm sure I'm not the only one who was thinking about it, but no - nobody
> asked. Personally I don't think he was a mole. He left the party in 1939
> over the von Ribbentrop pact, had an honourable war record, and could never
> have been Minister of Defence if there had been any serious doubts about him
> (unless MI6 were playing a very risky game indeed).
>
> Incidentally, at 93 he is almost unrecognisably different from the jolly
> silly billy of the 70s.

Still, he (almost) singlehandedly stopped the TSR2 programme that was
acknowledged to put us at least 25 years ahead of the game at the time.
  Could have had Ronnie's Star Wars effect 30 year earlier.  Can't help
but be suspicious and I really don't know if I could resist asking,
given the opportunity.