OT: iPhone film

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:02:05 EDT 2010

On 7/9/2010 10:47 AM, William Robb wrote:

> From: "P. J. Alling"
> Subject: Re: OT: iPhone film
>
>> I'm sure that if you set a professional crew loose with any barely
>> adequate equipment you can get professional results.  It used to be
>> possible to get professional results from consumer grade Super8 movie
>> cameras too.  But few ever achieved it.
>
> This doesn't say as much about the iPhone so much as what you can do
> with a steadycam and camera rail system. The capture equipment is
> really secondary.
>
> William Robb nice that they can mount a camera on a model railcar though.
>
> William Robb

Sometime in the 80's you could buy video camera systems, expensive ones,
but within reach, that could be mounted on model trains for the /real/
experience of being an engineer.  Now you can record it cheaply and
experience it after the fact, I guess.  The only improvement is you no
longer have to hock your house and sell your children into bondage.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier New;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I've just upgraded to Thunderbird 3.0 and the interface subtly weird.\par