Monitor advice wanted

Peter Loveday peter at loveday.org
Fri Jul 9 02:31:09 EDT 2010

> The models I'm looking at are the U2410 (NZ$1,099) and U2711 (NZ$1,799).

Ouch, the current RRPs on these here are now $A699 and $A999.  I'd wait for
Dell to have a special, unless you're in a hurry.  Also do a search for the
almost permanently available coupons, like 15% off monitors, etc.  You can
also use a referral cashback site, like http://www.moneybackco.com.au  (in
OZ anyways, there must be some equiv).

Here the U2711 recently dropped for $1199 to $999, then they had $200 off
special to $799, then 15% coupon and 7% moneybackco, droped it to around
$630 for me.  I now wish I'd bought two :)

I'd be suprised if you don't see some similar price drop there.  You can
always call them and see what they can do for you, I've heard a few people
get good discounts that way.

- Peter