OT: trouble again --- but minor.. Epson Twain question.. I got the Epson Perfection 1640su

Ann Sanfedele annsan at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jul 8 13:01:35 EDT 2010

Carlos R wrote:

> Ann, I also have an Epson scanner. Epson recommends to install the
> drivers BEFORE connecting the scanner to the PC. So I would uninstall
> the existing drivers and would try the procedure I've just suggested.
> Secondly, my Epson scanner (2450 Photo) also scans flat originals and
> slides/negatives like yours, but it failed on me once, until I found
> out that an external cable at the back of the scanner, which connects
> the lid with the body of the scanner, was loosely connected.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Carlos

Yes ... re the connector.... as I just wrote to ecke that it was back up
but flaky  and I've had the problem before with the loose connection and
fiddled with it  ... the USB port the scanner is in is a bit loose...

For the third time my monitor went black and revived...

I think I'll find other chores to do for a while !