Monitor advice wanted

David Mann dave at multisport.net.nz
Thu Jul 8 04:57:10 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm planning to upgrade to a reasonably good LCD monitor in the near future.  Are there any models that offer high quality at good value?

Sadly I don't have the budget for an Eizo but I have been eyeing up the IPS Dell ones.  Apple are out as they don't have DVI.  Apart from that I'm pretty much open.  I'm shopping in the 24 to 27" range.

I'd like one that I could rotate to portrait orientation but that's not a deal-breaker (in fact it could be more of a pain than it's worth).

In addition, what's going on with calibrators these days?  I plan to replace my old Spyder and I haven't been following developments in this area at all.

Cheers,
Dave