Testing photography rules in Miami metrorail system

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 12:05:34 EDT 2010

On 7/5/2010 6:56 PM, Igor Roshchin wrote:
> http://reason.com/blog/2010/07/02/ignorance-of-the-law-is-no-exc
> (for more detail read each of the linked blogs.
> Ledford's blog is actually a funny read.)
>
> Igor

The only time I've ever been told I couldn't take photographs recently
was when a Gofer, (probably an "Associate Producer"), got in my face
about about photographing a movie crew shooting in front of the local
coffee shop for the movie "Harvest."  My response was a bit heated but
polite.  I pointed out that they were filming in a public space and that
I was shooting from a public space, and that I could pretty much take
any photos I wanted.  His next tack was to say "Well, you can't use them
for anything!"  So I explained using small simple words that under fair
use, I could publish them as Art, use them to advertise my skills or
sell them to the local newspaper along with my story.  Which by the way
was becoming more and more interesting the longer he was giving me
shit.  I then asked his name and took his picture, at which time he
evaporated in a whiff of acrid smoke.  I guess not all publicity is good
publicity.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier New;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I've just upgraded to Thunderbird 3.0 and the interface subtly weird.\par