Testing photography rules in Miami metrorail system

Brian Walters supera1000 at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 6 08:51:37 EDT 2010

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 06:25 -0600, "William Robb" <warobb at gmail.com>
wrote:

> From: "Bob W"
> Subject: RE: Testing photography rules in Miami  metrorail system
>
> > I don't understand why people get so uptight about photography & filming,
> > or
> > why they can't grasp the simple idea of it being a legitmate thing to do.
> >

> Give small minds small authority and this is what happens.
> Given the degree of spread that this phenomena has, I anticipate that it
> will be, within the next few years, defacto illegal to use an SLR in
> public.

Just this afternoon I wanted to take a few photos at the local railway
station.  I had no sooner lifted the camera to my eye when the station
attendant appeared saying "You can't take photos here".  I didn't push
it because I was on railway property and maybe she was within her
rights, but it's getting to the stage where people think that anyone
carrying a 'real' camera is a terrorist or a child molester.

Cheers

Brian
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia