PESO - Synchronized

frank theriault knarftheriault at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 20:28:28 EDT 2010

Yet another flying swan pic, this one from yesterday.  I was getting
tired of carting around long zooms;  they're so big and heavy and
fiddly.  So my kit was the *istD, the Pentax M 200mm f4.0 and the
Tamron SP 90mm f2.5 Macro.  Both nice light, easy to carry lenses.

I'm quite impressed with the M 200mm.  It's noticeably sharper than
either zoom I use.  This photo is about a 25% crop (is that right?  I
mean to say I cropped out about 75% of the original frame).  Given
that amount cropped, plus I was shooting manual focus and panning, I'm
pretty happy with how sharp this is:

http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/synchronized.html

I'm happier with this than the flying swan pic from the other day
taken with the heavy Tokina 80-200mm f2.8 zoom:

http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/swans-on-wing.html

Anyway, hope you like.  Comment if you will.

cheers,
frank