OT Need advice - My bike was stolen

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Mon Jul 5 16:25:18 EDT 2010

On Jul 4, 2010, at 6:13 PM, John Celio wrote:

> My bicycle, which was my only mode of transportation, was stolen this morning.  It was locked up in front of my condo and they cut the locks like they were made of celery.  This completely ruined my 4th of July, but more importantly it's a whole lot of money that suddenly needs to be spent to get back to where I was.  Money I don't have.  My bike was practically brand new (maybe two months old?) and I'd put a bunch of accessories on it, and now I have nothing.

Ouch. Major suckage!

I've read that bike thefts are a major secondary effect of the meth epidemic.  I'd never leave a bike visibly parked outside for any length of time.  Bolt cutters aren't expensive and make short work of locks.

I'm still hurting from one night where it seems I neglected to lock my garage door, it probably got blown open a bit and a bunch of my snap-on combination wrenches were stolen.

--
Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com sent from i4est