Florac and faunac

Bob W pdml at web-options.com
Mon Jul 5 13:07:16 EDT 2010

[...]
> > < http://www.web-options.com/Causse/ >
> > Comments welcome, but please note I already know I'm no Ansel Adams!
>
> http://www.web-options.com/Causse/content/_6226656_large.html
> Carline thistle Carlina acaulis
>
> http://www.web-options.com/Causse/content/_6226670_large.html
> Scarce swallowtail Papilio podalirius
>
> http://www.web-options.com/Causse/content/_6267019_large.html
> (and previous) Black-veined white Aporia crataegi
>
> I'm not even going to hazard a guess at the orchids.

I'm very impressed that you got those thistles and the butterflies/moth
right. When I described the swallowtail to Alastair and Masha they both
immediately suggested hawk moth. Whatever. It was a lovely friendly little
creature with a very graceful soaring flight, almost never flapping its
wings.

The orchids were quite common. Alastair seemed to like them, but also did
not know more precisely what they are. I didn't even know they were orchids.

You'd love it there.

Bob