OT: Happy Canada Day

frank theriault knarftheriault at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 06:47:39 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 1:22 AM, Bob Sullivan <rf.sullivan at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Stop pretending you're all good because your Canadian and we're all bad.
<snip>

But it's true, isn't it?

That's what we were taught in school, anyway...

;-)

But seriously, your argument has some merit, Bob.  There were actually
slaves in Canada back before confederation, certainly in parts of
what's now Ontario and Nova Scotia.  Of course it wasn't
institutionalized to the extent that it was in the American South, but
it was still here.

We need to keep in mind that 1/2 the US fought ~against~ slavery in
the Civil War (I know it's not quite that simple, but still...).

cheers,
frank