OT: Happy Canada Day

Daniel J. Matyola danmatyola at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 21:29:17 EDT 2010

"Consider that royalty knows that at some point they are going to lead
their people, and should be spending a lot of time learning how to be
a good leader."

So, is that what Prince Charles has been doing for all these years?

Yes, money buys influence, but it does that in England as easily as in
the US.  So, in a monarchy, one has two systems of privilege instead
of just one.  How is that better?

My ancestors fled an aristocratic monarchy for a place where their
descendants could could be free of the class prejudice they faced in
Europe.  I am proud of that, and I resent any system that claims
certain members of society are better than others simply by accident
of birth.

Dan