Strange "Asahi NC Takumar 3,3/300mm Pentax M42" on Ebay

Anthony Farr farranthony at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 06:58:31 EDT 2010

"The mounting the tube seems also an original."

Are you sure about that?  Compare the pictures at AOHC:

http://www.aohc.it/cameras/nocta.jpg
and,
http://www.aohc.it/images/sp40.jpg

to the picture at the auction:

http://i.ebayimg.com/11/!Bw0VCdQBGk~$(KGrHqIOKioEwPgB+i)hBMKt40,WIw~~_12.JPG

You can see that the historic pictures show a much shorter tube
between the wide part of the lens and the body of the image
intensifier, with no obvious tapering or visible bright metal.  The
ebay lens doesn't have any place where an image intensifier could be
placed according to the old pictures.

regards, Anthony

   "Of what use is lens and light
    to those who lack in mind and sight"