Feed Us Your Photoblog--The Solution

eckinator eckinator at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:24:23 EDT 2010

2010/7/2 Larry Colen <lrc at red4est.com>:

> One of my favorite lines, and one which was borrowed by Charlie Stross in "Iron Sunrise" was posted by Geoff Miller in alt.peeves:
>
> "Come, Donnie-boy, let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wire brush of enlightenment. "
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.peeves/browse_thread/thread/962069cadade545c/cf68b41760e2b296?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=wire+brush+of+enlightenment+alt.peeves+geoffm
>
> The problem with most flame wars is that so many people don't bother to take the time to do it right and be both creative and entertaining.

perhaps we should just have a second list flames at pdml.net so people
could choose which way they want to go =) rule: post to pdml, if you
criticize, respond to flames@ and if a flame war happens it is well
contained and open only to those willing to also be on the receiving
end in one...

or perhaps this is really just an exercise in civility...