Filters of color

David Parsons parsons.david at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 11:39:34 EDT 2010

I'm wondering about the feeling that you need to 'correct' for the
stage lights.  No one expects the lighting to look natural at shows.
Don't worry about blowing individual channels.  You are not shooting
under full spectrum conditions.  If you are lucky, you get a spot on
the lead or whomever is doing the solo, and let the rest fall where it
will.

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Larry Colen <lrc at red4est.com> wrote:
> Ecke's post about filter enablement tickled on of my neurons.
>
> One of the places that I tend to shoot bands has the stage lit with about 4 orange and red lights, and two blue and one green.  Occasionally  this will lead to a nice effect, but usually just needs to be converted to B&W.  Also, if I expose to not blow out the red channel, the blue and green channels end up about three stops under exposed, leaving me with 75% of my sensor sites way under.
>
> I've been thinking of trying to slap some blue filters on my camera the next time that I shoot there, and realized that there's a good chance that folks on this list might have some gathering dust in a drawer, from the days when you needed to use a filter if you were shooting with daylight film under tungsten lights.
>

> --
> Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com sent from i4est

Aloha Photographer Photoblog
http://alohaphotog.blogspot.com/