PESO: Elephant Rock

Brian Walters supera1000 at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 2 03:24:24 EDT 2010

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 13:09 +1000, "Northeast Media"
<northeastmedia at bigpond.com> wrote:

> As primarily a jouirnalist my first thoughts are to never materially
> change
> a photo by removing anything as it destroys credibility.
>
>  As these photos could be considered as trying to be fine art then I may
> have to adjust my outlook to tidying them up.

I agree with you regarding photojournalism images but I have a more
liberal approach to subjects where the content of the image might have
been different if I'd pressed the shutter a bit earlier or later.  The
bird might have flown away; the shell might have been washed out by a
wave. Removing them doesn't, in my view, distort reality.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia