Feed Us Your Photoblog--The Solution

Daniel J. Matyola danmatyola at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 15:50:35 EDT 2010

I, for one, would appreciate more negative comments on the images I post here.

I post PESOs because I know that I'm not a very good photographer and
I'm trying to improve.  [While others here have hundreds of images
accepted by Pentax, they have taken only 13 of the many I submitted,
and I know that most of those were accepted because of the cute
subject matter (little fawns) or because they are postcard views of
beautiful scenes on day with nice skies.]

When I post something, I usually say that Comments, Criticisms,
Suggestions and Abuse are all Welcome, which is my way of saying
"please don't be kind".  I spent 5 years in the Marine Corps, so I've
been abused by professionals; it is unlikely  this friendly group
could hurt my feelings.

In any event, this list would be more useful to all of us --
especially the hacks like me -- if we were all a little more honest
and a little more critical in our comments on images submitted to the
group.

Just my two cents.

Dan