GESO - Holy Soul halloween

Derby Chang derbyc at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 31 18:27:36 EDT 2009

I had a whinge a few weeks about the closure of a favourite venue, the
Hopetoun. It may or may not reopen, but I've found a new favourite
venue. The Red Rattler is a converted factory space, in what is still a
semi-desolate light industrial area. The door staff are super friendly,
the lighting and sight lines are superb, and the performance lineup is
much more eclectic than just guitar rock. For the first few songs, I
could lounge on some comfy velvet couches, sipping a chardy. Luxury

The Holy Soul had planned their album lanch at the Hoey this week, so
Sam had to scramble to rebook. I think it worked out well

http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc/09/09_10/09_10_holysoul/index.htm

Used my DA*50-135/2.8 for the first time at a live gig. Handy to have
the framing options, but I think I'll be going back to primes. Speed is
king when the lads are jumping around as they do.

derbyc at iinet.net.au
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc